Confluence Administration > Add-ons > Atlassian Marketplace > Find new add-ons
By Searching in Atlassian Marketplace
- Go to Find new add-ons.
- Search for Attachment Checker in the search field.
- Click Free trial or Buy now to install, configure and start using.
Confluence Administration > Add-ons > Atlassian Marketplace > Manage add-ons
- Download the latest version from Marketplace.
- Go to Manage add-ons.
- Click on Upload add-on.
- Select the .jar file.
- Click Upload.
- The Attachment Checker should be installed.
- Click on Free trial or Buy now to configure and start using.
Accessing the Configuration Page
The settings are organised into the following tabs:
- File Type Blocking
- Virus Scanning
- Quota Checking
File Type Blocking
To block file types based on the configured whitelisting/blacklisting rules.
To scan all uploaded attachments for virus threats.
To control the amount of attachments uploaded in each Space.
To set the attachment quota for each Space individually, click on Edit Space Quota button to go to the Quota Summary page.
|Field Name||Required||Default Value||Explanation|
Select whether to enable the quota checking:
Enter default quota (rounded up to 2 decimal place):
Select preferred unit to use:
|Error Message||Insufficient storage available.||The message to be displayed when the file size of a file attached is greater than the storage space available.|
This is only available from version 1.2.0 onwards.
This is a one-time setup whereby you can select a preferred timing to calculate all the attachments in all Confluence Spaces.
Once you set the Scheduled Time, a daily job to do the calculation will be scheduled.
This must be completed before the Quota Check can be enabled.
- Until all Spaces are calculated
For first time users, the Quota Check is disabled by default.
You will be redirected to the initial setup when you access the Quota Summary page.
For existing users, if Quota Check is enabled, you will not go through the initial setup.
If not all Spaces have completed the calculation, Attachment Checker will try to calculate on the run.
If you experience problems with the pagination, search or filter, you may wish to go through the initial setup step by clicking on Recalculate.
The job will start running at the specified start time and ends approximately around the specified end time.
If there are Spaces NOT calculated after the job stops, they will be calculated on the next job run.
This allows recalculation of the storage used should there be any discrepency.
By clicking Confirm:
- You will be redirected to the Quota Summary Initial Setup.
- Quota Check will be disabled, and CANNOT be enabled until the setup has completed.
- If Quota Check is currently enabled, it will be re-enabled upon setup completion.
Click on the pencil icon to edit.
Make the necessary changes to the form.
Click on the tick button to save or cross button to cancel.
If the attachment quota for a particular Space is not set, the default attachment quota will be used.
Pagination, Search and Filter
This is only available from version 1.5.5 onwards.
The maximum number of Spaces shown on each page is 50. If your Confluence instance has more than 50 Spaces, there will be pagination.
The search is by Space Key or Space Name, and is case insensitive. If there are more than 50 matching Spaces, there will be pagination.
The filters are by:
- Custom – the Space's storage allocated is not the default.
- Default – the Space's storage allocated follows the default.
- Empty – the Space does not have any attachments.
- Exceeded – the storage taken up by the attachments in the Space exceeds the Space's allocated storage.